- Do you “already know exactly what you want”? Don’t let a designer get in your way: just do it yourself! Designers are generally professionally trained visual and conceptual experts, so if you don't want what years of experience have given them, don't call a designer. It’s a free country (sort of), so take the liberty of messing up your own stuff!
- Do you have something in front of you right now that needs to be printed? That's great, just don't call a designer because designers are not printers. (See “P” in the yellow pages for the appropriate assistance).
- Do you think that a design firm is a set of computers in a pretty room? This is incorrect. Contrary to popular belief, designers are real people, folks, and unlike computer terminals, many of these folks have hair on top.
- Do you need “a VERY simple” ad (campaign), brochure or logo for a meeting at 9am tomorrow and is it 4:30pm right now? Do you also have VERY limited budget for this pending project? Don’t waste any more time reading this. Go to the nearest Kinko’s immediately. A very nice person at the desk will be happy to help you.
- Have you now, or ever, believed that good ideas grow on trees, and that the designer you hire is a migrant farm worker in fancy clothes? If you do, that’s alright. Check your cereal tomorrow morning for your design solution. (Who knows, it could even be there!).
- Do you think that graphic design is or should be inexpensive? This is incorrect. Good ideas that make money for your business are not cheap (nor should they be), but neither is cereal either these days.
- Do you think that a successful project is to your credit and that a less than successful one must be the designer's fault? Jack Kerouac once said: “We all get to heaven leaning on the arm of someone we helped.” There’s a secret meaning about successful design projects in here. If you can’t figure it out, you just may not be very much fun to work with right now. But don't despair...there's still time left to change your ways.
- Have you ever laughed at yourself? Design is serious business, but no one should be in this profession without a sense of humor. If you think you don’t have one, at the very least, don’t call us.
If you have checked one or more of the following questions above, you’re probably both honest and intelligent, which means we have something in common. Call even if you only want some advice on a project, and if we can, we’ll be happy to help. 212-777-6973